Tone and Tighten your Loose, Sagging Skin
With age, our skin loses the collagen and elastin, which is our skin’s supportive connective tissue, that make it looks soft, plump and youthful. Muscles also deteriorate with age, leaving skin less taut, especially in the face.
Causes of Sagging Skin
- Age-our skin produces less natural oils.
- Sun exposure- breaks down collagen and elastin.
- Smoking-changes in the blood supply to our skin occur by constricting the skin’s blood vessels.
- Nutrition- we are what we eat.
- Sleep deprivation- lack of sleep causes bags under the eyes and sagging skin.
Natural ways to prevent our skin from losing laxity?
- Apply a sunscreen at least SPF 15;
- Get enough sleep. When one does not get an adequate amount of sleep, the body produces a hormone called cortisol, which can lead to the breakdown of skin cells;
- A healthy diet of protein, fruits and vegetables;
- Water is vital to keeping hydrated skin;
We may not be able to stay forever young, but at Svetlana’s Skin Secrets we can slow down the aging process with: